The benefits of tomato are easy to find in any kitchen and while they are a great addition to your daily diet for the myriad health benefits they offer, they also work well as a skincare ingredient.
Understand the benefits of tomatoes for the skin and use this wonderful ingredient in your skincare routine along with other natural ingredients that work for your skin type.
1. Exfoliates and moisturizes
2. Reduces oiliness, prevents acne, shrinks pores
3. Offers sun protection, cures sunburn
4. Soothes irritated skin
5. Reduces the signs of aging, gives the skin a youthful glow
Benefits of Tomato and How to Use Tomato in Your Facial Skin Care Routine:
Our skin absorbs and accumulates a lot of dirt and oiliness, resulting in uneven skin with dirt clogging the pores. Regular cleansing does not cut it as often, so exfoliating your skin is essential. Tomatoes are rich in enzymes that can gently exfoliate the skin and remove all dead skin cells.
In addition, tomatoes do not affect the natural oils produced by the skin, perfectly balancing its hydration. So, even if you have dry or sensitive skin, you can take advantage of the tomato skin benefits to reveal soft and naturally glowing skin.
- Tip: spread the fresh tomato paste directly on your face.
- To nourish the skin, mix aloe vera gel with tomato juice and apply it to the skin.
Reduces Oiliness, Prevents Acne, Shrinks Pores:
Tomato is the best skincare ingredient if you have oily or acne-prone skin. Oily skin not only gets worse in the summer, but it can also lead to acne. And let’s not even talk about how hard it is to put on makeup to stay greasy! One of the biggest benefits of tomato for the skin is that it offers oil control without inhibiting natural oil production. Often, when using oil-based skincare products, the skin stays dry, which results in increased oil production. Tomatoes do a great job of keeping oil production in check by leaving the skin fairly moisturized.
This helps purify the skin and maintain its ph. Acne is a common condition that is usually caused by dirt or bacteria trapped in the pores of the skin, leading to flare-ups. Applying tomato to the face can minimize and prevent acne and breakouts thanks to its deep cleansing properties.
Tomatoes shrink pores and reduce their appearance. The large, open pores attract dirt and dust, which mix with the natural oil on the skin and cause flare-ups. The benefits of the tomato for the skin, therefore, are many!
- Tip: cut a tomato in half and rub each piece on your face. Rinse off after 10-15 minutes for oily skin. To treat acne, mix tomato juice or pulp with a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Use as a face pack. For open pores, make a natural toner by mixing fresh tomato juice with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply to the face and rinse after 15 minutes.
Offers Sun Protection, Treats Sunburn:
Tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene which makes them a natural sunscreen. Tomato consumption works from the inside out to offer you extra protection from ultraviolet radiation, along with applying the tomato to your face. Remember to always use sunscreen whenever you go out in the sun!
However, if you burn again, the tomatoes can come to the rescue! Sunburn can be annoying with redness of the skin and extremely itchy rashes. Tomatoes are rich in vitamins a and c that can help soften the skin and reduce redness.
- Tip: To protect yourself from the sun and reduce your tan, mix white yogurt and tomato paste until you get a paste.
- Apply it to your face and rinse after 15-20 minutes.
- To treat sunburn, mix tomato juice with buttermilk and apply to the affected areas to cool the skin.
Benefits of Tomato and Soothes Irritated Skin:
If you have extremely sensitive skin, it can be difficult to find care products that really work for you without adversely affecting your skin. Although the product has only one ingredient that does not apply well to the skin, it can cause irritation, redness, rashes, and rashes. But you do not need to worry about these problems when using tomatoes on the skin, because they are rich in anti-inflammatory compounds such as vitamins C and e, beta carotene, and lutein that soothe and nourish the skin.
- Tip: cool the inflamed skin by applying a mixture of cucumber juice and tomato paste.
Reduces the Signs of Aging, Gives the Skin a Youthful Glow:
Signs of premature aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, blemishes, and blemishes can make the skin dull and dull. Take advantage of the many benefits of tomatoes for the skin: the fruit is rich in b vitamins that offer anti-aging properties and fight the visible signs of aging, restoring youth to your skin.
Also, the use of tomatoes on the face improves collagen production. The protein collagen gives structure to the skin, giving it a soft texture and keeping it soft and radiant. Take a look at this table to understand the active ingredients in tomatoes that benefit the skin.
- Tip: for glowing skin, mix honey with tomato juice and apply it to your face. Rinse after 15 minutes.
- You can also use a do-it-yourself wrap with Multani Mitti and tomato juice.