At Connect 2021 Facebook Changed, CEO Mark Zuckerberg presented Meta, which combines our apps and technologies under new corporate branding. The goal of Meta will be to bring the Metaverse to life and help people connect, find communities, and do business. The company said it was better to “adopt” its activities as:
Therefore, Mr. Zuckerberg described the reports as a coordinated attempt to selectively use leaked documents to paint a false picture of our company.
Extends Its Reach Beyond Social Media To Areas Like Virtual Reality (VR):
- The change does not apply to individual platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, but only to the parent company to which they belong.
- The move follows a series of negative Facebook stories based on leaked documents from a former employee.
- Frances Haugen accused the company of putting “profits above security”.
- In 2015, Google restructured its company and renamed its parent company Alphabet, but the name didn’t catch on.
- What is a Metaverse?
- Facebook hires 10,000 people in the EU to work on the Metaverse
- Facebook exacerbates hatred, says, whistleblower.
Mark Zuckerberg Announced New Name Facebook Changed:
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced the new name when he unveiled plans to build a “Metaverse”, an online world where people can play, work and communicate in a virtual environment, often with VR headsets. He said the existing brand may not represent everything we do today. Let alone in the future and needs to change.
I hope that over time we will be perceived as a Metaverse company and that we want to anchor our work and identity in what we are working on, he said in a virtual conference. We now see and report our business as two different segments, one for our app family and one for our work on future platforms.
And as part of that, it is time for us to introduce a new corporate branding that encompasses everything we do to reflect who we are and what we want to build.
- The company also unveiled a new sign on Thursday at its Menlo Park, Calif. Thus Headquarters, replacing the thumbs-up “Like” logo with an infinite blue shape.
- Zuckerberg said the new name shows that over time,
- Then Users will no longer need Facebook to use the company’s other services.
- The word “meta” comes from Greek and means “beyond”.
- To a stranger, a Metaverse might look like a version of virtual reality, but some people believe it could be the future of the internet.
Instead of sitting in front of a computer. People in a Metaverse can use a headset to step into a virtual world that connects all sorts of digital environments. Because there is hope that the virtual world can be used for almost anything. From work to games to concerts and socializing with friends and family.
Facebook Announced That It Will Start Trading And Facebook Changed:
Facebook has announced that it will start trading its shares with the new stock market ticker MVRS from December 1st.
The company has damaged its reputation several times. The Washington Post reported today that Facebook withheld important information about vaccine misinformation from policymakers during the pandemic.
Latest Series Of Stories Facebook Changed:
It was the latest in a series of stories based on internal documents passed on. So, to the media by former employee Ms. Haugen. Reports said, among other things, Facebook would conduct research showing Instagram is damaging teenage mental health and struggling to remove hate speech from its platforms outside of the United States.