Different Types of SEO: Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a complex process that involves many processes. All types of SEO have the same goal.
In this article, you will learn about the different types of SEO and the different SEO strategies you can use.
Types of SEO
Let’s start with a brief description of SEO.
SEO means making your website more readable and search engine friendly. The purpose of SEO is to increase search engine traffic by improving your website’s position in the SERPs for various search terms.
SEO was easy in the beginning (like in the early 2000s), but the overall SEO process has become more complex over the years.
And when optimizing a website for search engines, you need to consider hundreds of rules to make your users happy and enter different search terms.
To keep things simple, different types of SEO have been created in the SEO industry. Each type is responsible for certain SEO rules.
SEO training provided
It is important to note that these aspects of SEO are not about breaking down a complex task into small, manageable parts.
So, there are different types of SEO:
- Technical SEO
- On-Page SEO
- Content SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
- eCommerce SEO
The most important are Technical, On Page and Off Page SEO
Technical SEO is exactly what the name implies i.e. technical parameters that affect the visibility of a website in search engines.
The main goal of technical SEO is to ensure that search engine crawlers can crawl and index a website without any problems.
The most important technical SEO guidelines are:
- Check and optimize your robots.txt to make sure that search engines can correctly access your website.
- Add and verify your website with Google Search Console and specify your preferred domain.
- Use the COVERAGE report to find and fix crawl errors.
- Create an XML Sitemap and submit it to all major search engines.
- Optimize your site structure and URL structure.
- Follow SEO Friendly web design
- Create websites that load fast on both desktop and mobile devices.
Online SEO is about making your website and search engines user-friendly and user-friendly.
Although the search engine looks at the entire website, the decision is made at the page level.
That’s why it’s important to keep all the pages of your website up to date.
The most important on-page SEO guidelines are:
- Improve the title of the page. The most important thing is SEO. The search results that display the names of the websites should be attractive to the user. The title of the page gives the search robots good information about the content of the page.
- Edit the H1 tag. When the page title appears in the SERP, the H1 tag appears above the page title. A good page only has an H1 tag, which is the same as the page title.
- Create your titles. The page should have a section title (H2, H3) in addition to the H1 tag. Shorter titles for essays make it easier for users to read and find the page.
- Here are the pictures. The images used on the website must be carefully prepared, otherwise, they will not be recognized by search engines. File names, file sizes, and ALT text formatting are important to make your images look good.
- Construction. Writing a page with text and images without taking the time to prepare the content is not a good SEO strategy. Although Google can’t “see” websites like a human, it knows that the web is full of ads and pop-ups that are considered anonymous.
Content SEO is a subset of on-page SEO. Content SEO is about content quality and improving it.
Because it is such an important SEO success factor, many people think of it as a type of SEO. However, content guidelines can usually be found in the page’s search engine optimization, which is also a good option.
The winning combination is publishing good content that users like and that search engines understand.
To achieve this you can follow these instructions:
- Start your content creation process with keyword research. Find important SEO keywords for your website and add them to your content.
- Find long-term relevant (or LSI keywords) and include them in your titles, headings and keywords.
- Write long, in-depth articles so users can find what they’re looking for and search engines have enough information to understand the context of your content.
- Link to other quality websites (if it makes sense) and other pages on your site to help users learn more about the topic.
- Use patterns and structured data to identify the most important parts of your content for search engines.
Off-page SEO is advertising. While earlier forms of SEO focused more on website design and content, off-page SEO is all about the different methods you can use to promote your website online.
Popular sites can rank higher on Google than popular sites.
Basic techniques of off-page SEO:
- link system. Link building is a way to get SEO links from other websites.
- These backlinks act as a “vote of confidence” and increase the reputation of the target site (unless they have a nofollow attribute associated with the link).
- promoting the product. Google likes to put popular products at the top of the results because people trust them.
- In addition to promoting your website to generate backlinks, you also need to work on your products and start conversations about them on social media and platforms.
- Google can read these signals and reward these websites.
Local Types of SEO
Local SEO is a type of SEO that is only suitable for local businesses.
On the other hand, if you have a website and your goal is to get customers to visit your local business, you need to optimize your website for local SEO.
Make sure that you have your business name, address, and contact details on all pages of your website.
- Add the Local Business schema on your homepage
- Create a Google My Business Account
- Register your business with trusted directories such as Yelp, Yahoo small business, Foursquare and others.
- Promote your website on local directories and websites (for example online local newspapers).
Mobile Types of SEO
Also, mobile search engine optimization is not unique, but a subset of search engine optimization for mobile devices.
The fact is that more than 60% of Google searches are now done on mobile devices.
That’s a huge number and a good sign that the internet is moving away from the traditional desktop and towards mobile devices.
This is why Google decided to index the mobile version and started indexing the mobile version of the website instead of the desktop version.
When working on mobile SEO you need to make sure that:
- Your website is mobile-friendly. Running the mobile-friendly test is a good starting point.
- The website loads fast on mobile.
- The website is easy to use on mobile.
- The user experience on mobile is not disturbed by interstitial banners, other methods of aggressive advertising or popups
E-commerce is big business. When it comes to SEO, optimizing an e-commerce website is more difficult than maintaining a blog or business website.
You have more pages to optimize and it is very difficult to promote your e-commerce site.
The most important SEO factors for online marketing:
- Optimization of an online shop starts with the homepage and category pages. These two-page types have to be properly optimized before you start working on your product pages.
- Optimize your product pages based on the results of your keyword research.
- Optimize ALL visual elements of your store (images, videos)
- Add the necessary schemas (product, offers etc.)
- Promote your store on social media networks
- Think of creative ways to get people to link to your product pages
- Start a blog and publish content related to your products and how they can help people solve a problem.
White Hat SEO vs Black Hat SEO
Is black hat SEO a type of SEO?
Some people think that “Black Hat SEO” is a type of SEO that confuses beginners.
Black Hat SEO is a term used to describe any activity performed to trick search engine algorithms.
From time to time, many people come up with ideas on how to build artificial links to improve the ranking of websites in Google. This method is against Google guidelines and should be avoided.
The consequences of following black hat methods include losing your ranking and trust in Google, being penalized by Google, and reducing your chances of getting into Google.
All the strategies mentioned in the article are “White Hat SEO” strategies and if followed correctly, you can eventually get better search engine rankings and get search engine traffic.
SEO is one of the most powerful digital marketing tools for any website. A well SEO optimized website gets more search engine visibility and improves user experience.
To make it easier to manage the SEO process, it is divided into several sub-processes or categories. The main components are technical SEO, on-page SEO, and off-page SEO.