How to include vitamin C, if there’s one ingredient you need to strengthen your skin, it’s vitamins C. It’s not just an essential nutrient you should be eating every day, but also a wonderful ingredient for your skin.
A powerful antioxidant for skin care, vitamin c is a valuable ingredient. Before we talk about how you can incorporate vitamin C into your day and night care routine, let’s delve into the wonders for you.
How to Include Vitamin C for Your Skin:
Many beauty lovers swear by this wonderful vitamin. Starting the day with a refreshing vitamin C face wash will cleanse the skin without disturbing its natural moisture barrier. While a toner will hydrate and soothe irritated areas. Applying a vitamin C day cream along with your sunscreen will further protect you from harmful rays.
1. Vital, water-soluble nutrient helps fade pigmentation and brightens skin tone. Fights free radicals, thus saving the skin from blemishes and dullness.
2. Vitamin C encourages cell regeneration and stimulates the skin to produce more collagen and elastin fibroblasts. Therefore, adding vitamin C to your skin care routine will help restore firmness, giving your skin a taut and plump look.
3. In addition to lightening the skin tone, it also helps to smooth the texture of the skin, making the skin soft and supple.
4. About 64% of the skin is made up of water, so maintaining its hydration at all times is vital. Vitamin C allows the skin to retain moisture and keeps it hydrated, giving it a radiant and healthy look.
5. If you are struggling with inflammation or redness from overexposure to the sun or otherwise, add the vitamin C to your skin care regimen immediately. It treats inflammation and also reduces redness to give the skin a uniform tone.
Vitamin C serums are water-based, lightweight and easily absorbed. Safe and effective for oily skin, the serum increases moisture retention in the skin, among other benefits. The basic rule is cleansing, toning, serum application and hydration.
PM or AM: When and How to Best Use the Hero Ingredient for Smoother, Firmer Skin
Using a vitamin C day cream with a minimum SPF15 protection index will protect your skin from free radical damage from the sun. A dose of vitamin C for the skin at night is also beneficial. Your skin undergoes a natural repair process while you sleep. So adding a vitamin C night cream to your night skincare program will give you the most effective results. Plus, if you’re thinking of using the ingredient in the morning, a vitamin C face foam, accompanied by a vitamin C face serum gives you a double dose of powerful antioxidant properties.
Many people believe that using vitamins C during the day can make your skin sensitive to the sun and therefore, you should only use it at night. Well, that is not true. The aforementioned vitamin is acidic in its pure form and, unlike other acids, vitamin C does not increase sensitivity to the sun. Always keep vitamin C products out of direct sunlight, as it may inhibit the activity and oxidize the product.