The amazing benefits of green tea, a classic Asian drink, is considered one of the healthiest drinks on earth. Because of its many health benefits, such as weight management and disease control. Green tea was first discovered in China by Japanese monks and they found that green tea has amazing healing properties.
In addition to these healing properties, green tea is nowadays used for skincare due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Green tea is one of the varieties of tea that has become very popular these days for its many benefits.
One of these major benefits is that it helps in weight loss. Beauty these days has become one of the basic qualities of many people. Due to the busy life, the busy schedule, and the surrounding pollution, the skin has become a major concern, especially for the younger generation.
To look beautiful, we use quite expensive cosmetics and even rush to dermatologists or beauticians for immediate results, but in the end, everything is in vain. There are several natural remedies for skincare, one of which is the use of green tea on the skin. This article aims to explain the benefits of green tea for facials and skincare.
Amazing Benefits of Green Tea for Skin and Face:
Drinking green tea can help maintain weight and improve metabolism in the body. It also detoxifies and purifies the body system. Also, green tea, when applied to the skin, can work wonders. Some of them are listed below:
- Aesthetic appearance has become a top priority these days and as we age, the beauty of the face is slowly diminishing. This green tea works as an anti-aging product for the face and skin.
- The antioxidants in green tea help regenerate facial cells. The main ingredient in EGCG green tea has the ability to regenerate dead skin cells, thus making the face look younger.
- Catechins. A subset of the biological compound called polyphenols found in green tea destroys free radicals, which help slow the aging process.
- Consuming 2-3 cups of green tea or applying it topically can show the desired results in just a few weeks.
2. Prevents Skin Cancers
- The sun has some harmful UV rays that damage the skin, which can lead to skin cancer.
- These harmful UV rays penetrate the layers of the skin and destroy the epithelial cells that cause melanoma skin cancer or non-melanoma skin cancer.
- As previously mentioned, green tea has a powerful antioxidant Catechin EGCG that protects the skin’s DNA by preventing harmful sun rays from penetrating the skin.
- This can be achieved by regularly drinking 2 cups of green tea or applying it topically to the skin surface.
3. Benefits Under the Eyes
- Dark circles and puffiness under the eyes are a major concern for today’s generation. Dark circles are formed mainly due to lack of sleep, late-night work, etc.
- Green tea can reduce these dark circles under the skin. The two main ingredients, caffeine and antioxidants, help to narrow the blood vessels under the eyes and brighten the appearance of dark circles.
- The flavonoids found in green tea also have benefits in reducing dark lines and dark circles around the eyes.
- For this, you need two sachets of green tea, preferably used. Cool them and place the bags in the eyes for 15-20 minutes. After subtraction, you can see the difference.
- To get the desired results, continue regularly until the dark circles around the eyes disappear.
4. Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Inflammation is referred to as the appearance of redness and irritation of the skin. This inflammation destroys the appearance of the skin and can lead to severe skin problems.
- The polyphenols found in green tea have significant anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Consuming green tea can increase the levels of benzoic acid in the body, which is believed to cure skin irritations and conditions such as eczema.
- Also, applying fresh tea bags to red skin can be helpful and reduce irritation.
5. Antibacterial Properties and Treatment of Acne
- Acne, who does not hate it? It is one of the most common problems in young people. Many people get depressed and are ashamed to go out because of acne.
- Green tea, a powerful antibacterial agent, helps treat acne. The polyphenols in green tea cleanse the surface of the skin and the ripples that are present in the skin and fight any bacterial infections of the skin.
- This means that the polyphenols in green tea reduce acne, causing bacteria to grow on the skin. In addition, it smoothes and tones the skin.
- It is recommended to drink 2 cups of green tea regularly to avoid any visible acne on the face.
- Alternatively, take used tea bags and apply them topically to the skin where there is visible acne daily. In this way, it helps reduce unwanted acne on the skin.
6. Soothe Burns or Spots
- Sunburns are the most irritating to the face and skin. Sunburn makes you stay home during the day, interfering with your daily chores.
- Green tea helps soothe sunburn and blemishes. Green tea contains a special ingredient called tannic acid, which soothes skin irritation.
- For this, you need green tea leaves that are brewed in water. Squeeze the brewed tea, dip a clean cloth into the tea and gently rub the moistened cloth over the affected area for half an hour.
- Alternatively, you can use green tea bags. Gently rub wet tea bags over the stained areas to reduce irritation and redness.
7. Block Pores and Tackle Dark Spots
- The skin has the ability to secrete excess sebum from the sebaceous glands. Due to this sebum, the skin has to face free pores, pimples, or white spots.
- Green tea helps prevent these little problems. This is a natural astringent, so it removes excess sebum or oil.
- It also helps remove dirt from open pores and tightens clean pores to prevent pollutants from entering.
- This can be achieved by applying topical green tea twice a day and consuming one cup a day can maintain the skin.
8. Glowing Skin
- Due to the excessive pollution that exists, the skin gradually loses its radiance. Usually, tonics are used to achieve glowing skin.
- When toners run out, the natural remedy is green tea. Amazing benefits of green tea, which is a natural astringent, helps shrink pores, removes oil, and cleanses it, which makes the skin glow.
- For this, take a wet, cold tea bag and rub it gently on your face for 10 minutes and let it sit for a few minutes.
9. Oily Skin:
- Excessive secretion of sebum by the sebaceous glands causes oily skin.
- Some blends of green tea are rich in natural oils, which make them beneficial for oily skin. These mixtures contain a compound called tannins. Which tightens the pores of the skin, thus reducing the secretion of sebum (oil) production.
- The topical application of green tea to the skin can help reduce the production of fatty substances. Drinking a cup of green tea is also good for oily skin.
10. Treatment of Psoriasis
- Psoriasis is a condition in which skin cells accumulate the Amazing benefits of green tea and form itching, dry scales, and patches. No one wants to deal with this type of skin.
- Research has shown that the main ingredients of green tea have the ability to cure skin diseases such as psoriasis due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Green grass, natural herbs, has many benefits when applied or applied to the skin. Doctors and nutritionists recommend drinking green tea once a day to maintain weight and have shiny skin.
But if you plan to apply it around your skin and eyes, it is best to try any allergen. Lastly, if your goal is to have healthy and glowing skin, don’t be afraid to use green tea as a beauty product. Also, after using green tea for your skin and face, share the improvements you notice on your skin.